Thursday, October 18, 2007

No-Sew Fleece Blanket Update

I am happy to report that I finished my first blanket today. It took me a total of 3 1/2 hours to complete due to some technical difficulties with the plain color fleece.

My daughter LOVES her new/special "cozy" and had to take it to bed with her. My son, on the other hand, not so happy. He wants his new/special "cozy". I hope to get his done this weekend.

The blanket is quite easy to make. I do recommend NOT using bottom grade fleece. I purchased my plain fleece from Wal-Mart for $2.49/yard and it was extremely stretchy and hard to work with. My patterned fleece was also from Wal-Mart purchased for $4.49/yard, it was MUCH better quality and much easier to work with. I used Barb's, @ a new Chelsea morning, technique of making a loop to tie the "fringe".

No comments: